I thought Gooey Chocolate Brownies would be far more appealing!!!!
My daughter has been taking the off cuts from chocolate brownies into school for her class mates as well as her teachers. Quite honestly our friends and family have had so many in recent months they need a break (and they say to lose a little weight).
My daughter’s school is full of amazingly talented professional parents. In her Form alone there is a lawyer and an A&E doctor. But today she came home grinning from ear to ear. One of her teachers had said to her “Does your mum run a brownie business – how amazing”.
The secret to absolutely delicious chocolate brownies
Personally my favourite recipe is from the Hummingbird Bakery recipe. But to add a little twist I prefer them made with milk chocolate – very controversial I know. Give them a go – they don’t look as appealing but they taste absolutely delicious.
I’m always on the lookout for new flavours as I sell a Monthly Brownie Club on line – this is a different Brownie flavour sent through the post each month for a whole year.
What’s your favourite???
- 33 x 23 x 5cm baking tray, lined with greaseproof paper
- 200 g dark chocolate (roughly chopped)
- 175 g unsalted butter
- 325 g caster sugar
- 130 g plain flour
- 3 eggs
- icing sugar, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/gas mark 3.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (do not let the base of the bowl touch the water). Leave until melted and smooth.
- Remove from the heat. Add the sugar and stir until well incorporated. Add the flour and stir until well incorporated. Finally, stir in the eggs and mix until thick and smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking tray, and bake in the preheated oven for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until flaky on the top but still soft in the center. Be careful not to overcook otherwise the edges will become hard and crunchy. Leave to cool completely before dusting with icing sugar, to decorate.