4 sprigs lavender (no flowers)
25 grams granulated sugar
150 grams butter
75 grams caster sugar (extra for sprinkling)
200 grams plain flour
1. Strip the lavender leaves from the stems to make a heaped tablespoonful.
Add the granulated sugar and whizz them in a processor. Set aside until
2. Chop the butter into the processor bowl, add the caster sugar and whizz
until soft and light. Add the flour and the lavender/sugar mix and process
again until a dough forms.
3. Turn onto a floured surface and shape into a sausage approx 2"/5cm
diameter. Wrap tightly in foil or film and place in the refidgerator for at
least a couple of hours until firm/or overnight.
4. Heat the oven to 190 deg C/375 deg F/Gas 5.
5. Taking a sharp knife slice off the dough into discs approx 1/4" thick and
place onto a greased baking sheet. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes until pale golden
6. When baked remove from the oven onto a cooling rack and sprinkle with the
remaining sugar. Once cool store in an airtight container.